Monday, January 19, 2009

Remembering the great voice of Martin Luther King Jr.

In an era where unprecedented change has taken place on local, national and global levels I think it is important to take a moment to appreciate those who made this road possible to be traveled upon.

Martin Luther King Jr. is an American Hero who we should all look upon his actions to inspire us with his great wisdom. Here are some selected quotes from Martin Luther King Jr. that will last with us forever:

"Almost always, the creative dedicated minority has made the world better."

"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."

"At the center of non-violence stands the principle of love."


"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

"I am not interested in power for power's sake, but I'm interested in power that is moral, that is right and that is good."


"I just want to do God's will. And he's allowed me to go to the mountain. And I've looked over, and I've seen the promised land! I may not get there with you, but I want you to know tonight that we as a people will get to the promised land."


"If a man hasn't discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."

No comments:

Post a Comment